Akshaya Tritiya 2020
The word “Akshaya” means “everlasting prosperity, success, and joy,” while Tritiya means “third.” Akshaya Tritiya celebrated on third Tithi of Shukla paksha of Vaisakha month. This day is one of the most auspicious days for buying ornaments, new beginnings, buying utensils, weddings, etc. On this day, Sun and Moon exalted in the cosmos, which make them extraordinarily powerful.
There are many mythological stories behind the celebration of this festival. According to mythology, Kubera became the custodian of wealth on this day. Some people also celebrate it as the birthday of Maa Annapurna. Another story says that the eldest Pandu got a golden pot from Lord Surya, which has a never-ending supply of food-grains. In Jainism, this day celebrated to commemorate Lord Adinatha, their first God. One mythological story also says that Lord Ganesha and Ved Vyasa started writing epic Mahabharat on this day.
Rituals for Akshaya Tritiya
1. As the sun is exalted in the cosmos, it becomes all-powerful. Offer Arghya to Sun god in the morning and chant Aditya Hrudyam strotam. Lord Ram also chanted this strotam to please Sun-god before fighting with Ravana in the war. You can also invoke the blessings of Surya by doing Surya namaskar.
2. The donations given on this day reaps excellent result. You should donate clothes, food, grains, and other necessary items to the needy.
3. Mantra chanting is an effective method to release negative energies and tap the positive power of planets. You can chant your Guru mantra as Guru is the one who shows the way to God. You can simply chant Mahamantra ‘HARE RAM HARE KRISHNA’ to get blessings of Narayana and his consort Lakshmi. Ram and Shri Krishna are the avatars of Narayana. Ram was born in the lineage of suryavanshi kings, whereas Krishna was born in the lineage of chandravanshis. As both Sun and Moon are exalted, this day is best suited to attain the blessings of both avatars.
4. Moon is exalted in 2nd house of Kaalpurush Kundli. Moon is the planet associated with Lord Krishna. Worshipping Lord Krishna today can help to tap positive energies of the moon. You can chant the mantra” OM NAMO BHAGVATE VASUDEVAYA” to attain blessings of Lord Krishna.
5. This day is perfect for new beginnings. So plan your wedding, start a new venture and construction activity on this day.
6. Taking a bath in Holy Ganges and offering barley into the fire is also fruitful this day.
7. Jains complete their year-long Tapasya on this day and end their worship by drinking sugarcane juice.
Doing dharmic activities and good karma on this auspicious day will open our doors to the heavenly abode. As the world is going through the COVID-19 crisis, It becomes all together imp. to serve humanity. So donate and meditate for the welfare of mankind.
Also Check: Benefits of Turmeric in Astrology